Safety in Action Event 2018
This will be the 20th year that Child Accident Prevention (Jersey) has staged this annual event with over 1000 year 5 students from 30 Primary Schools across the Island visiting the 6 interactive workshops where they received very important practical information regarding how to stay safe, delivered by enthusiastic instructors from our partner organisations.
This very important annual event in the school calendar starts on Monday 9th July and finishes on Wednesday 18th July.
Following the success of the event in 2017 and in response to the valuable feedback we received from teachers, parents and students we have taken the decision and with the co-operation of Highlands College and our partner organisations to keep the event to eight days with two sessions each day. Each session is now 135 minutes (previously 90 minutes). The first session starts at 9.15am and finishes at 11.30am and the second session starts at 12.15pm and finishes at 2.30pm.This gives our workshop leaders more time to deliver those very important safety messages and there may even be time to answer questions.
Safety in Action has a major benefit within the curriculum as the culmination of study as part of Key Stage 2 studies regarding safety.
Comments from teachers and parents attending last year's event;
- Carefully selected well-presented information, relevant and appropriate for this age group.
- All workshops kept a very good pace so that the children did not lose interest.
- Plenty of involvement and questions asked to make sure the children understood what they had learnt.
- Very informative and engaging, you could see the children absorbing the information through the interaction.
- Superb, highly impressed, well delivered and interesting, informative and interactive.