Safety in Action Event 2017
This will be the 19th year that Child Accident Prevention (Jersey) has staged this annual event with over 1000 year 5 students from all 31 Primary Schools visiting the 6 interactive workshops where they received very important practical information regarding how to stay safe, delivered by enthusiastic instructors from our partner organisations.
Plans are well under way for this very important annual event in the school calendar.
This year for the first time and in response to the valuable feed back we receive from teachers, parents and students we have taken the decision and with the co operation of Highlands College and our partner organisations to extend the event to eight days and to offer two sessions per day. Each session will now be 135 minutes (previously 90 minutes). The first session will start at 9.15am and finish at 11.30am and the second session will start at 12.15pm and finish at 2.30pm.This will give our workshop leaders more time to deliver those very important safety messages and there may even be time to answer questions.
Safety in Action has a major benefit within the curriculum as the culmination of study as part of Key Stage 2 studies regarding safety.
Comments from teachers and parents attending this year's event;
- Excellent and informative, but also fun.
- Delivery and presentation were excellent, well prepared and set out.
- Dangers clearly explained and demonstrated, relevant information for age group.
- All staff very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
- Easy to remember key points, very interactive and real
- Fantastic content in all workshops, found role play activities very beneficial
- Encourage them to go home and tell their families what they have experienced, may help adults too!
Click on the video below to give you a taster about what Safety in Action is all about.