The Firework Code
- Never play with fireworks - they are explosives and can hurt you
- Never put fireworks in your pockets or throw them.
- Only adults should handle and light fireworks
- When you are watching fireworks, stand well back
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode
- Fireworks will scare your pets, so keep them safe indoors.
If you are given sparklers
- Hold them one at a time
- Always wear gloves
- Hold sparklers at arm's length
- Never give sparklers you younger brothers or sisters, you should be 5 or more years old.
- Parents or an adult should always be watching.
- When a sparkler goes out, DON'T TOUCH IT! It could still burn you, so put it hot end down into a bucket of water
A Glimpse of colour
A streak of tail
They crash upon you
With a scream, a zoom, a wail
Fantastic sights, streaks of light
Hints of dreams vanish from sight
Beware the fireworks for they burn
Admire their beauty but never turn
To throw or touch their fiery glare
As they will bite back those who dare!